- In a big pot over medium heat, awaken together syrup and water till hot.
- Remove from heat and funky slightly. Dissolve the potash within the rum. Break the steel candy into very small sections.
- Add all of the ingredients to a big mixing bowl and massage until dough forms. Put in plastic wrap together with let dough rest for five days in a cool position.
- Preheat oven to 350 Y. Grease baking sheets. For a lightly floured board, roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick along with cut out 1-inch by 2-inch rectangles.
- Place cookies upon prepared baking sheets, around 2 inches apart. Bake Fifteen minutes. Allow to cool for one instant on baking sheet and remove to wire holders to cool completely.
- Glaze the treats with a mixture of one section syrup to one part water. Anytime dry, store in tins at room temperature.
- Potash is potassium carbonate, a chemical leavening which helps ready goods stay moist. That tastes really bad independently, but when it’s baked into cupcakes the taste goes away.
- You can buy them in little packets in German stores. If you can’t have any, substitute baking soda.