- Preheat the cooker to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large tank, beat the butter and sweets together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, piecemeal, mixing well after each and every one. Stir in the rum, next mix in the flour and corn starch.
- Pour into the prepared loaf skillet.
- Bake for 1 hour and A quarter-hour in the preheated oven, or perhaps until a knife put into the crown comes out cleanse.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before getting rid of from the pan.
- While the cake will be baking, mix together any lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar.
- When this cake comes out of the oven, poke with a long fork as well as knitting needle all over.
- Pour a glaze over the top,and let it relax in. Cut into slices to supply.