Summer yellow squash is in great quantity right now. If you’re determining what to do with all that summer melons from your garden or advancing towards a farmers market, here’ersus a wonderful summer soup recipe. It’s healthy, filling along with low in calories too.
TOTAL Time period:?Prep: 35 min. Cook: 17 min.YIELD:8 servings
- 2 large sweet vegetables, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white percentage only), chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 channel yellow summer squash, seeded plus cubed (about 6 servings)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon scorching pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, saute don’t forget the onions and leek in fat until tender. Add garlic oil; cook 1 minute longer. Create squash; saute 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, thyme and salt. Provide for a boil. Reduce warmth; cover and simmer with regard to 15-20 minutes or until crush is tender.
- Discard thyme sprigs. Cool a little bit. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Stir in lemon juice as well as hot pepper sauce; warm through. Sprinkle each offering with cheese and ” lemon ” peel.?Yield:?8 servings (2 quarts).
1 drink: 90 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 12g carbohydrates (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein