- Brown the chicken in 2 Tablespoons of the butter in a very large heavy skillet in excess of moderately high heat; remove to your shallow baking dish, cover with foil and keep hot.
- Deglaze the skillet with Cognac or good brandy and wine, increase broth and reduce by two-thirds; dump over the pork, re-cover and set in a warm oven 250F.
- Add the remaining Three or more Tablespoons butter to the skillet plus saut mushrooms and shallots 3 to 5 moments over moderate heat until juices ooze out; bring dried mushrooms, if you like, plus saut about 5 minutes longer as well as until mushrooms are sagging and juices have evaporated.
- Stir pork medallions (and all their water) back into skillet, add fifty percent of and half and simmer over medium low temperature 10 to 15 minutes until gel reduces by half and it’s the consistency of a lean white sauce.
- Season to tastes with salt and pepper.
- You can function it with Kroketten, Bratkartoffeln or Kartoffelpree.