- Remove core through cabbage.
- In deep pot or even bowl, place cabbage and pour boiling water right into hollow of core, and then cover completely with boiling hot water.
- Let stand a few minutes until eventually leaves are supple.
- Drain, then individual leaves carefully.
- Trim hard rib in bottom of each leaf.
- Set leaves to one side.
- Line bottom of 12 goblet casserole with cabbage decorations and any torn or very small leaves.
- In saucepan, combine rice, stock and salt.
- Bring to help boil and cook designed for 1 minute.
- Cover and remove from warm; let stand for 20 to 30 a matter of minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- In skillet, heat butter.
- Saute onion until tender but not brown leafy, about 4 minutes.
- Add beef and cook, stirring often, until meat is delicately browned.
- Stir into rice and permit stand until cool.
- Stir within egg.
- Place 1 or 2 spoonfuls of steak mixture on each patch leaf and roll up, tucking in stops.
- In casserole, arrange rolls during layers, seasoning each covering with pepper.
- In saucepan, put together remaining ingredients.
- Bring to skin boil, stir well and put over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and also bake in 350 F. (180 C) oven for 2 hours or until sore. (If rolls seem too dry out, add a little hot water to help casserole during baking.) Helps make about 24 cabbage moves.