Recipe Courtesy of King Arthur Flour
This molasses-dark, ginger-and-spice flavored cereal bar is perfect for gingerbread men. We spin it a bit thicker than normal, to give the cookies just a suggestion of chew. While ginger is often thought of as a winter season baking flavor, we’ve learned that ginger pairs well with fruits, too. Ginger plus peach is an especially terrific combination; try gingerbread cookies provided with fresh sliced peaches, or a peach crumble capped with gingerbread crumbs.
Gingerbread Cookies ? Art print This Post
Makes 3 Dozen Cookies
- 3/4 glass unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugars, packed
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice or cloves
- 1 massive egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon the baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a big pot set over low warmth, or in the microwave, thaw butter, then stir in the red sugar, molasses, salt, and seasoning.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized mixing serving, let it cool to lukewarm, plus beat in the egg.
- Whisk the particular baking powder and can in fact into the flour, and then stir these kind of dry ingredients into the molasses combo.
- Divide the dough in half, together with wrap well. Refrigerate with regard to 1 hour or longer.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Get out a number of baking sheets; there’s no reason to grease them, though cells lining with parchment saves effort upon cleanup.
- Once the dough has chilled, take one little bit of dough out of the refrigerator, plus flour a clean work surface, and also the dough. Roll it out since thin or thick as you wish; for slightly less highly detailed cookies, roll it out extra thickly.
- Use flour under and on the surface of the dough to keep it out of sticking to the table or simply rolling pin. Alternatively, assemble the dough on parchment, and put some sort of sheet of plastic wrap over it as you roll, drawing the plastic to eliminate fine lines as necessary when running; this will keep dough coming from sticking without the need for additional flour. Designed for soft dough, or funds to be rolled extra-thin, you may opt to roll right onto the ungreased again of a baking sheet.
- Cut away shapes with a cookie cutter, trimming them as close to one another as it can be to minimize waste.
- Transfer the cookies to ungreased cookie sheets (and also, if you’ve rolled ideal onto the parchment, remove the dough leftovers between the cookies). Bake any cookies just until they’re slightly brown around the corners 8 to 12 minutes, or until finally they feel firm. Let the cakes cool on the baking sheets for several minutes, or until they’re also set. Transfer them to some sort of rack to cool completely. Duplicate with the remaining dough.
- Decorate any cookies with Royal Icing or Simple Cookie Glaze along with food safe markers.