- Grate raw potatoes into standard water to which lemon juice has been added in.Place potatoes in a strainer or simply cheese cloth and empty off liquid.
- Drain well.
- Beat raw and cooked potatoes by using egg, milk, and sea salt to form a batter.
- Using 3 To oil for each batch, lower batter for 3 or 4 pancakes at a time in hot oil inside of a large frypan.
- When firm on the bottom facet, loosen edges and turn.
- Brown upon other side.
- Remove, drain on paper bath towel, and keep warm.
- Continue until just about all batter is used.
- Serve immediately.
- If spud cakes are served using meat, sprinkle with sodium chloride.
- Sprinkle with sugar if dished up with applesauce.