- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Rinse the hocks and pat dry.
- Cut any fatty skin diagonally in both guidance so that you have a diamond pattern. Period with pepper, salt together with paprika.
- Heat the lard in a dutch oven plus brown the hocks for approx 10 mins on all sides (really hot).
- Peel and quarter the actual onion and add to the cooking pot, add the bay leaf, juniper berries, cloves plus mustard grains.
- Pour in 1/8 quart associated with boiling water and place the pot in the middle of the cooker.
- The hocks will need approx 2?– 2 1/2 hrs, depending on size, sprinkle with beer from time to time in case required add a little drinking water.
- Remove the hock from the weed and using beer and drinking water make sure you scrape up the sections from the bottom of the container.
- Thicken using a cornstarch/water paste and period with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sauerkraut in addition to knoedel or mashed potatoes.